Working Together to Recognise and Treat Complicated Grief
Join our interdisciplinary panel of experts for a discussion on a collaborative approach to recognising and treating complicated grief.
Watch this facilitated panel discussion of Dorothy's story to be better equipped to:
- describe the difference between complicated grief and depression
- implement key principles of providing an integrated approach in the early identification of complicated grief
- identify challenges, tips and strategies in providing a collaborative response to assisting people experiencing complicated grief after a significant loss.
Review the panel of interdisciplinary experts’ bios.:
- Professor Kay Wilhelm (Psychiatrist, New South Wales)
- Dr Konrad Kangru (General Practitioner, Queensland)
- Associate Professor Moira O’Connor (Psychology Academic, Western Australia)
- Mr Greg Roberts (Social Worker/Bereavement Counsellor, Victoria)
- Ms Vicki Cowling (Psychologist and Social Worker, Victoria)
Access a range of resources to enrich your learning experience:
This webinar was produced in February 2016. The Mental Health Professionals’ Network’s webinars are produced for mental health professionals. The information is intended for suitably-experienced mental health professionals and does not replace clinical judgement and decision making. It is intended for use as a guide of a general nature only and may or may not be relevant to particular patients or circumstances. The subject matter is not exhaustive of any mental health conditions presented. Health professionals implementing any recommendations contained in the webinar must exercise their own independent skill or judgement or seek appropriate professional advice relevant to their own particular circumstances when so doing. Any information presented in the webinar recording was deemed relevant at the time of the live event and after this date has not been reviewed. No guarantee can be given that the information is free from error or omission. Accordingly, MHPN and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including without limitation liability by reason of negligence) to any users of the information contained in any MHPN webinar for any loss or damage (consequential or otherwise) cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information contained in MHPN webinars and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation of the information.